December 4, 2011

Erongarícuaro

Eronga was great! There is an 'Alternative Fair' there on Sundays. It's a place where organic farmers, bakers, jammers, food vendors, belly dancers, potters and jewelry makers can display and sell their work. I thought it would be bigger and more catered to everyone, but it was smaller and catered to gringos and non-gringos with money to spare. Though it was smaller than expected, I was reminded of our farmers markets in California and I was very happy to have found it.
We had some delicious food, found awesome homemade SAUERKRAUT (15 pesos!) and made a couple new friends! The #1 highlight of the afternoon was meeting a couple from the states around our age (just moved to Patz a month ago too). The #2 highlight was being offered custom made cakes, dinners and swords all in one sentence. Yes that's right. Professional baker and blacksmith for all your cake and samurai needs.

Ok..well maybe those two tied for the #1 spot after all. 


I can't wait to go back on a non-fair day to get a better feel of the town, though I can definitely see myself going back to the fair every now and then. Especially since it only costs 11 pesos to get there! I hope to soon have a more detailed description of Eronga on my "Places" page so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment